Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Salad

With the weather getting way too hot in Texas, the search is on to find food that goes great with BBQ and light enough not to weigh you donw in the heat. I had this recipe on my phone for quite some time and I'm not sure where it came from, but boy was it a hit! I took it to our friend's house for the fourth of July party and it was a hit!
Ingredients:
1 bag of romaine lettuce mix
1 c shredded swiss cheese
1 apple- chopped small
1 c of cashews
1 pear- chopped small
1/4 c dried cranberries
Dressing:
1/2 c sugar
1/3 c lemon juice
2 tsp chopped red onion
1 tsp salt
2/3 c oil
1 tbsp poppy seeds


Directions:
Prepare the dressing first and mix together well. Blend all the ingredients togehter and toss with the dressing. Easy as that.
Review:
With salads, you never know how people will respond. I took my chances and it was a hit! Seriously, it was demolished. There was nothing left! Everyone at the party agreed that the cashews really added a nice texture to the salad. The crunch of the pear and the apples with the chewyness of the cranberries, made this a crowd pleaser!

No comments:

Post a Comment