Friday, October 28, 2011

Crock Pot Soup

As the weather begins to cool, my need to cook and feed my family a good homecooked meal kicks in. With the first cold snap in Texas, going from the high 80s to the high 50s, I dove right in.
Crock Pot Soup should be one you can set and forget, but this one I think would've looked better had I been around to stir throughout the day. It may not look as eye pleasing as I would've liked but it sure did get rave reviews from the girls at work and the family!

Ingredients:
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans (I chose kidney beans instead.)
1 can of rotell tomatoes
1 pkg of ranch dressing seasoning
1 8 oz pkg of cream cheese
2 frozen chicken breasts
1 tsp of onion powder
1 tsp of chili powder
1 tblsp of cumin
Chefs note: I added 1 can of beer. The soup didn't seem to have any sort of base on it's own.

Directions:
Dump it all in the crock pot to cook for 6-8 hours. Shred the chicken breasts at the end and serve.

Review:  Dusty,who doesn't like cream cheese, loved it! The girls at work had some interesting remarks. One could taste the beer immediately, one thought it was spicy, one compared it to a chicken taco soup and another thought I had added bread to it. All thought it was very tasty and filling and wanted to try it on their own. It did have more of a chicken chili taste to me, but I can't wait to add it to our family menu again!
This recipe is pinned from pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment