Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Shepherd's Pie

Shepherd's Pie- Quick and Easy
Ingredients:
1 lb of hamburger meat
1 bag of frozen steamed veggies (I did the peas and carrots.)
A box of instant potatoes (I cooked enough for 6 servings.)
1 can of beef broth
1/2 of an onion, chopped
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
Directions:
Saute onion in vegetable oil until soft. Add in hamburger meat and cook until brown. While cooking the beef, steam your veggies. Also cook your mashed potatoes. Add veggies to beef mixture when steaming is complete. A little at a time, add beef broth to make your mixture as "soupy" as you would like.
Preheat your oven to 350. Place the beef, veggie mixture on the bottom and cover the top with the mashed potatoes. Pour a little more beef broth in the pan. Cook for 15-20 mins.

Review: I liked this meal. It was super easy to fix and I was able to find short cuts from the original recipe given to me by someone I work with. My youngest son ate it up! However, my husband and oldest son chose to eat cereal instead. One did not like the mashed potatoes, while the other refused the vegetables. Half of my family thought this was a miss, while the other half enjoyed the variety. This recipe makes about 6-8 servings, so prepare when you have plenty of people there to share.




No comments:

Post a Comment